Friday, 16 February 2018

Illness

So the little monkey is sick, and I don't mean it's serious but like got a horrible cold/flu. The cough is worst, as the poor little baby can't even tell us what's exactly wrong. He came in to my bed late this morning and bless him fell asleep in my arms. My poor husband had to lie in a very awkward position just so that the little lamb could be comfortable. He was fast asleep, until his retched cough woke him up. He is was horrible to see him sleeping and crying whilst he was still trying to stay asleep and then coughing non stop. My husband quickly picked him up but all he wanted was me his "mumma". After a few cuddles he was back asleep. We lasted 30 minutes in that position until he woke again and he gestured to me the whole route to his parents room, which incidentally is very close to the front door. So through tears he stopped and looked at the front door and his parents bedroom door only to try to convince me to let him out.

He was more upset with me when I started to walk away from the front door as I wasn't taking him out. Kids do make me laugh, no matter how ill they are, they are always ready to go.

So as we were walking back to the kitchen his mum came out and the crying did ease.

It is horrible to see them so ill, but honestly the hardest part is trying to understand what they want and sometimes even I surprise myself when I guess what he wants. I guess this aunt is getting full mummy training thanks to my 14 month old nephew!


No comments:

Post a Comment